Centre for Development of East Planning Region – Stip started with implementionof the project "Cross-border business networking for sustainable growth", with the ultimate goal of improving business climate in the border region between Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Bulgaria. The project aims to enhance business cooperation through the development of business services, marketing of small and medium enterprises and improving access to information and consultancy services in the border region.
The planned activities are:
- Establishment and Management of Business Center for transfrontier initiatives in Stip;
- Creating a common web platform for marketing and business information (JUMP);
- Conducting a series of seminars and training for managers of small and medium enterprises and institutions that provide support to the business sector;
- Issue of Cross-border Business catalog for SMEs;
- Building a Network Partner for cooperation between institutions that provide support to the business sector across cross-border region.
Mrs. Dragica Zdraveva, Head of Centre for Development of East Planing Region – Stip , said : "This is the beginning of a long-term cooperation between the two regions and we believe it will bring enormous positive results economically. The goal is to enable companies from both countries to network in order to improve its products and services and successfully together to perform on European market. Our ultimate goal is to constantly improve the cooperation, not only economically but also in other segments".
The project duration is 12 months and is expected to lead to attracting more investment in both partner regions that offer tremendous opportunities and untapped potential. With the establishment of the partner network for cooperation between institutions that provide support to the business sector is expected to create common tools and measures for encouraging the cooperation between small and medium enterprises.
The project is funded by the European Union, IPA Cross-Border Programme CCI Number 2007CB16IPO007, and is implementing on the territory of the East Planning Region in the Republic of Macedonia and the region of Blagoevgrad in Republic of Bulgaria.