As part of the development cooperation between Macedonia and Slovenia, the Slovenian embassy organized a workshop to support and strengthen the capacity of the Macedonian national and regional level management infrastructure projects funded by the European Union. The workshop was held in the restaurant “Tri Bireri” in Skopje on 16 and 17 December 2014.
The purpose of the workshop was through practical examples to show how to finance municipal infrastructure projects and Slovenian experience in closing the financial structures of infrastructure projects particularly through public private partnership.
Through interactive participation of all participants in the workshop were presented:
- EU funds for Macedonian municipal infrastructure projects, programs and EU tenders, analyzing the IPA, IPARD, CBC …
- Lessons learned and identify obstacles in municipal infrastructure projects
- Slovenian experiences and finding solutions
- Preparation of projects according to EU rules,
- Allocation of EU project budget and the role of municipalities,
- Analysis of the mechanisms for coordination and experience in the development of national programs
- Increasing the financial resources to invest in combination with PPP
The workshop ended with the development of an Action Plan for further progress.