On January 17th at the offices of the Centre for Development of East Planning Region was held the second coordination meeting on the project "Cross -border educational network for children with special needs", which is being implemented by the Centre for the Development of the East Planning Region, as leading partner from Republic of Macedonia and the municipality of Goce Delchev, as a partner institution from the Republic of Bulgaria as part of the program for Cross-border cooperation between Republic of Macedonia and Republic of Bulgaria, no. 2007CB16IPO007-2009 -1. The project started with its implementation on 20.05.2011. It enables the exchange of experiences and communication between institutions on both sides of the border and joint use of facilities available for treatment of children with physical disabilities. Web portal and Study will analyze and map the potentials and capabilities of institutions of different characters working on the rehabilitation of children with physical disabilities, for cration of common information system.
With this activites opportunities for the transfer of good practices are opened, with access to the latest methods and therapeutic approaches in the educational process and institutional contacts for cross-border activities. As a result of increased awareness, developing of initiatives for implementation and practical application of different types of methods and techniques for rehabilitation are expected, which are missing in the border region . With the school inclusion of this vulnerable group, this project contributes for their social inclusion. On the second coordination meeting, attendees Mr. Denis Zernovski (project manager), Mrs. Dragica Zdraveva (head of the Centre for Development of East Planning Region), Mr. Alexander Nikolov (project coordinator from Macedonia) and Mr. Ivan Botushev (project Coordinator of Bulgaria), discussed on the following points:
- Discussion about the progress of the project.
The debate was about which tenders are already realized and which are need to be implemented in the future.
- Define the date of the first training in Macedonia.
- Attendees bring a solution, first training, that is provided in the Republic of Macedonia, to be conducted in March, and to inform the directors to nominate individuals to participate in training.
- Change of the accountant.
- Municipality Goce Delchev takes task to prepare documents for change the accounting for the project because of excessive unefficiancy of the previous accountant.
- Harmonization of activities related to the preparation and printing of the "Study on the existing facilities for rehabilitation and care of persons with special needs".