Regional Administration Blagoevgrad and the Center for development of East planning region within the "Green building for common green future – GREEN" project CB006.1.11.038, financed by the First call of the Interreg – IPA cross-border program Bulgaria-Macedonia 2014-2020, develop a joint regional energy-efficiency strategy 2020 for the Blagoevgrad and the East planning region. In the framework of the EE 2020 regional strategy, detailed energy efficiency analysis for the following 8 public buildings will be made in both regions:
- Administrative building of the Regional Directorate of Forests in the Municipality of Blagoevgrad;
- The administrative building of the Rila National Park;
- Administrative building of the Regional Inspection for Environment and Waters in the Municipality of Blagoevgrad;
- Administrative building of the Regional Employment Service in the municipality of Blagoevgrad;
- Primary School "Vancho Prke" – Municipality of Stip;
- Primary School "Nikola Karev" – Municipality of Probistip;
- High School "Aco Ruskovski" – Municipality of Berovo and
- High School "Metodi Mitevski Brico" – Municipality of Delcevo.
For the preparation of the EE 2020 regional strategy is engaged a professional consulting firm "AREN" DOOEL from Sofia, which in May/June 2018 conducted field visits to all public facilities included in the document.
This is a first mutual project of the Center for development of the East planning region and the Regional Administration Blagoevgrad.