The Nature Conservation Programme in Macedonia, Phase 2, a project financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, and coordinated by Pharmahem-Skopje, in which a strategic partner is the Center for Development of the East Planning Region and the 11 municipalities from the region and the Macedonian Ecological Society, Implementing Partner of PZP, on 31st August 2017 (Thursday), in the hotel "Izgrev" in Stip, organized a workshop in order to develop three different scenarios for protected areas in the basin of the river Bregalnica. One of the main activities and establishment of protected areas in the river basin Bregalnica.
The process will begin with the development of three different scenarios for protected areas in the basin of the river Bregalnica, through the application of a wide consultation process with participatory involvement of local stakeholders, and then selection of the most appropriate scenario.
One of the tools that will facilitate the selection of the true scenario of protected areas is a workshop held with the users of resources from the region. The aim of the workshop was to analyze the local direct users of resources, the resources themselves, the way users use the resources and processes that lead to changes in the region of the river basin of Bregalnica.
The event was attended by representatives from: public enterprises that manage forests and pastures, NGOs, mines, beekeepers, farmers' associations, organic farmers, hunters, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation, Pharmahem-Skopje, Center for Development of East Planning Region, Macedonian Ecological Society, etc.
Topics of the event were:
- Brief presentation of the Programme for Nature Conservation
- Presentation of the model for participatory involvement of key stakeholders (Companion Modeling iARDI);
- Explaining the objectives of the workshop;
- Identification of key stakeholders (A) in the region;
- Identification of key resources (R) in the region;
- Identification of key interactions (I) in the region and
- Identification of key dynamics (D) in the region.