A mobile application (Meteobot) has been put into operation, which can be installed on any mobile phone. Also, the website (www.agroistok.mk) for the use of Agrometeorological stations is also in operation. Each user can access them for free and follow this information offered by the agrometeorological station for each municipality individually.
It should be noted that the Business Center within the Center for Development of EPR, organized several trainings on the use and dissemination of information from Agrometeorological stations with each municipality and stakeholders, farmers at the municipal level.
The aim of this project is:
- Modernization of agricultural production by setting up 11 Agrometeorological stations in EPR;
- Modern and better information of the agricultural sector on climate change and possible diseases that attack crops;
- Environmental protection with appropriate treatment of agricultural areas
Creating conditions for improving economic development.
- Modernization of the manner of management and treatment of agricultural production in EPR;
- Proper management of environmental protection measures;
- Facilitate access to climate change information for proper crop management;
- Encouraging EPR farmers to use new methods for crop management and environmental protection;
- Improving the quality of agricultural products in EPR by reducing the number of chemical treatments.
The project funds are provided through the Program for Sustainable and Inclusive Balanced Regional Development, funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Ministry of Local Self-Government.