On November 11, 2022, the Director of the Regional Development Bureau, Mr. Ramiz Redzepi, and the Director of the Center for the Development of the Eastern Planning Region, Ms. Zujitsa Angelova, signed 6 (six) Agreements for the financing of regional projects for the development of the Eastern Planning Region .
The funds in the amount of MKD 52 million are provided by the Program for Balanced Regional Development for 2022 with indicative planned funds for 2023, through the Ministry of Local Self-Government and the Regional Development Bureau.
At the same time, funds in the amount of 3.5 million denars were provided, co-financing by the municipalities, end users in the projects.
In 2023, the Eastern planning region will work on:
- Improvement of the conditions for the development of event tourism;
- Improvement of tourist signage and infrastructure;
- Arrangement of a recreational center in the tourist settlement Ravna Reka in the municipality of Pehchevo;
- Improvement of the conditions for the development of the sports and recreational tourist center Ponikva and
- Improvement of the condition of the irrigation and drainage canals of the Zrnovska river.
In addition to the funds saved from the Program for the Development of Planning Regions for 2022 with indicative planned funds for 2023, an agreement was signed for the preparation of complete technical documentation for the promotion of competitive advantages in the region.
The goal of the Program for Balanced Regional Development is to improve well-being in all eight planning regions, reduce regional inequalities and improve the quality of life of citizens by achieving balanced and sustainable development in the entire territory of the state.
The funds will be used maximally and responsibly – all with the aim of sustainable development of the region and a better life for the citizens of the Eastern Planning Region!